The Flugga Boat, from Unst Inshore Services Ltd., is a leap forward in RIB (rigid inflatable boat) technology.
What makes this design unique is the aluminium boat hull, and the collar fabricated from extremely durable, high density polyethylene plastic pipe. This gives the Flugga Boat all the benefits of a conventional rigid inflatable, but with greatly increased strength and durability.
The rugged construction means lower overall maintenance costs, and greatly increased working life.
Flugga Boats are designed to meet the demands of the commercial work boat sector; oil support boats, fish farms, salmon boats diving or personnel transport, aqua culture boats, and more, the Flugga Boat is an extremely strong, stable, and seaworthy boat.
Private RIB enthusiasts also benefit from the commercial design. The long lasting materials mean more time on the water, and the craft retaining its value for longer.
• Non-pressurised collar tube negates the annual pressure test
• UV resistant polyethylene collar
• Long lasting materials used throughout
• Choice of console or cabin
• Wide choice of outboard engines or diesel inboard
• Excellent load carrying capacity
• Safe handling in extreme conditions
• No more leaking or burst collars
• The lightweight, yet rigid structure of an aluminium workboat
Built in Shetland and designed to withstand the harshest sea conditions that surround the isles,
Flugga Boats utilise an HDPE collar and aluminium materials for strength, low maintenance and a long-life hull.
This delivers an extremely low total cost of ownership over the boats' life. We specialise in police boats,
Dive boats & Rigid-Hulled Inflatable boats used throughout the world of aquaculture. Our RIB boats are built
in Shetland and distributed across the UK.
The best way to experience a Flugga Boat's performance is to try one out for yourself.